SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently there might be some faulty iBR castings out there as I found out last weekend... While braking at about 40MPH my reverse bucket snapped off.... It's at the dealer now so we will see what happens...

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is there anything dangerous about that part braking, or is it more of an inconvenience? Have you heard of anyone else having the same issue?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Didn't you remove ibr for wear ring replacement? Is there reassembly that requires lock tight ? I recall you removed a lot for wear ring if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I Take it back. If I remember you said you thought the right side bolt was loose and stripped. That would account for the failure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was actually my other spark, this one was totally virgin... Dealer today said they believe it was a bad casting, it will be covered under warranty and that all should be good.... To replace a wear ring on here you do have to remove the iBR bucket, trim ring and jet pump.... It's not bad. This issue was either bad casting or a little known other issue is improper assembly... These models are made in Mexico instead of the Canadian facility for the other seadoo's... There have been several concerns about sloppy assembly in the drive system and on certain parts that require thread locker and or sealant... It is entirely possibly my trim ring was installed incorrectly given that no evidence of thread locker was found... No one can tell for sure but I suggest you test out your iBR at high speed and see what happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After two weeks I got it back, covered under warranty but such a pain in the ass to get parts... The dealer ended up canabalyzing a new spark for parts because brp could not tell them when they could expect the new parts... I wanna sell this piece of ****

1 - 9 of 9 Posts