SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a little research and found that these two jet skis which, as far as I can tell, are the closest to the SeaDoo Spark in terms of price. Having said that, both of the rivals to the Spark are still a good $3,000 more than the Spark.

2011 Kawasaki Jet Ski 800 SX-R

MSRP: $7,899
Riding Position: Standing
Displacement: 781cc
Engine Type: Two-cylinder with crankcase reed valve induction
Stroke: 2-stroke
Dimensions: L-90.6", W-28.7", H-28.9"

2011 Yamaha Waverunner Super Jet

MSRP: $7,899
Riding Position: Standing
Displacement: 701cc
Engine Type: 2-cylinder
Stroke: 2-stroke
Dimensions: L-88.2", W-26.8", H-26"

2014 SeaDoo Spark

MSRP: $4,999
Riding Position: Sit-down
Displacement: 899cc
Engine Type: Rotax 900 ACE
Stroke: 4-stroke
Dimensions: L-110", W-46", H-44"

Ultimately, the SeaDoo Spark seems to win on every metric. It is $3,000 cheaper than the Kawasaki and the Yamaha. It's higher displacement means that it is the most powerful of the bunch, and it is also the only one to have space for more than one person. Finally, the Spark comes with some extra touches that the others don't. The Spark has a front splash deflector, can go in reverse, and comes with a ski tow eye. The cherry on top is that the Spark comes in a myriad of colors compared to the Kawasaki which comes in only black or white, and the Yamaha that only comes in blue.

If this doesn't convince you that the Spark is the best deal, I don't know what will.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The thing about the other two jet skis here are that they aren't really the same as the Seadoo Spark. Both of them you have to ride standing up, and they can only accommodate one person. Whether you see that as a pro or a con is up to you, but I think that these machines are going after a different type of PWC rider.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guess it's what the OP thought would be the best to compare it to , maybe not the best comparison here.
I chose to compare the Spark to these two jet skis because when I searched online these were the cheapest alternatives to the Seadoo Spark. There really isn't anything else that is in the same price range, so there aren't many things to compare the Spark to that directly.

Feel free to suggest other models that you think would make a better comparison.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've owned all 3 of those and would say that stock for stock that SXR Its an absolute blast and wins over the super jet and spark.

Reactions: TK423 and GizmoK

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think people who have ridden motorcycles will feel right at home on the spark
Yes I do. More of a dirt bike than a road burner though. Maybe a dual sport sums it up, because I'm getting into places that I wouldn't get my knees wet if I hopped off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've owned all 3 of those and would say that stock for stock that SXR Its an absolute blast and wins over the super jet and spark.

Yes the SXR is a blast. I have a SXR and a spark, its a different type of ride compared to the spark. The one thing about the spark is it does not burn through gas. I take my SXR out and within an hour of hard playing its outta gas and its 4.8 gallon tank. I can get an extra hour of playtime on the spark with that amount of gas.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Get the Spark. They're a blast. Why waste money, when those $8000+ JSkis lose their value instantly?
Not true...the 2014 SJ's cannot legally be registered. So if you have a 2013, they are holding value very well for those who want a newer SJ to ride outside a "Closed Course".

That being said, owning both a SJ and a Spark, the Spark is a better buy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sea Doo Spark 3UP vs. Sea Doo GTI 130

On Saturday, I bought a Orange 3UP spark at my local marina. I have gone round and round about this purchase because of the 50 mpg top speed and lack of standard reverse. As it stands, I paid $7,600 (out the door) for the 3UP Spark which includes: the 90 horse HO, pwc cover, and 48 month extended warranty. This is where I should have closed the book, but of course my curiosity got the best of me and I took to Craigslist. Well, I have located a 2013 Sea Doo 130 for $6,800 including a trailer and cover. The owner bought it least year, but needs back surgery this summer so he is selling the watercraft with 12 hours on it. I like that it can hit speeds upwards of 60 mph, has storage, 2 more yearns of warranty, and standard IBR --- plus the first owner took the initial hit.

Still, I think the Lightweight spark will be more playful and fuel efficient. I see myself taking it out a couple times a week so feel costs could get pricey with the 130. I read somewhere that the 130 gets 4 gph at 35 mph cruising or 10 gph when running it WOT. Basically, the Soark is double as fuel efficient as the 130.

Which would you ultimately buy?

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Not to mention that any other ski is also waaaaay larger. The size was the selling point for me. Back to the days (90's) when the ski wasn't the size of a truck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts