SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of purchasing a Spark to rent out at the local lake. Yes, insurance is a killer, and I've been working on the business/legal aspects. Bottom line is we live near the biggest inland lake in PA, with 2 million visitors a year, and nobody rents jet skis. I think I can make it profitable, possibly pay for the machine in 2-3 months. My goal is not to get rich, just let the ski pay for itself and then maybe rent it out a couple of times a month through Fun 2 Rent.

Will the Spark hold up to daily use for a couple of months? I'd like to believe that any machine that costs $5-6k will last for hundreds and hundreds of hours. I have seen some fairly scary things posted about the spark, which has planted some doubt in my mind. (Namely a 20 hour Spark on eBay with a blown motor!?)

Any thoughts? Is it reliable and durable, or is it just mean to go out 1-2 times per month and will die in a couple hundred hours?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think the spark would be plenty reliable for a rental unit. Remember people go online to complain or trouble shoot problems. 99% of people have no major problems like blown motors. The 900 ace is about 10 times more reliable than the old 1990's 2 strokes.... they rented those things out. Is the spark more reliable than the Yamaha sea cows?? Maybe not but who wants to ride one of those turds anyways? There may be larger issues than reliability tho... The spark is not as stable and there seems to be a learning curve. (This is also what makes it more nimble and fun to ride). Also a 2 up does not work well for 2 adults. However they do cost less and use less fuel. it's really hard to say what would best as a rental since it depends on who's renting it. Many many many pros and cons..... make a list.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts