SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing the exhaust tomorow. Is there a torque spec for the screws that hold down the top deck?

·
Registered
247 Posts
As tight as you feel comfortable with before they Strip the Plastic they are screwed into? LOL

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's in the exhaust directions. I'll post it up in a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry it was clear when I took the picture. The top picture showing the screws on the left and right side of the ski get torqued to 31 inch lbs.

The second picture with the screws around the front storage bin and rear deck get torqued to 49 inch lbs.

·
Registered
247 Posts
On the 10 side ones with the lock nut I do 2 on one side then two on the other side and back and forth- Then do a final tightening of both side. After you do the 5 up front and 6 in the back its good to go back to the center ones and retighten .

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol. I'm almost home to start working on it. Hopefully it's really as easy as they say

·
Registered
191 Posts
One reason I LOVE my Spark is the quiet engine compared to the old 2stroker PWC I drove few years back, I'll take even quieter if it was available...rather hear the rush of the water, etc.,...

BTW summer starts in 6 hours! :)

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The exhaust is nice. Wish it was a little louder. But it's defiantly a good sounding engine. Took it out on the north Shore of long island with a RXP. And 90's Kawa saki 1100. And I raced the 2005 rxp and destroyed it off the line up to about 35 mph lol. Then it passed me. And we were jumping the wake of the ferry that goes to Connecticut. Got some big air :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry it was clear when I took the picture. The top picture showing the screws on the left and right side of the ski get torqued to 31 inch lbs.

The second picture with the screws around the front storage bin and rear deck get torqued to 49 inch lbs.
Hey guys. I just read someone say that I can do the upper deck screws as tight as I can by hand. This I read this post about torque ratings.

Just to clarify is it sufficient to tighten them by hand as much as I can or do I need to use a torque wrench or something else more powerful.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guys. I just read someone say that I can do the upper deck screws as tight as I can by hand. This I read this post about torque ratings.

Just to clarify is it sufficient to tighten them by hand as much as I can or do I need to use a torque wrench or something else more powerful.
first post i see, Welcome to the team :)

·
Registered
274 Posts

no, don't tighten them as tight as you can, you need to tighten them as much as needed but no more, not saying you have to use a torque wrench but you need to know your strength (you can easily over tighten by hand), if you tighten them too much you will strip out the threads on the ones around the front and rear, some of them have replaceable inserts if you do strip them out, and the ones on the sides that are bolts and nuts if you tighten them too much you will deform the hull and it won't seal as well, tighten them in small increments to effectively clamp the top deck down instead of bringing each fastener to the max torque spec one at a time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts