SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen lots of threads on installing the ball valve on the water line so it can be shut off prior to towing, but none that address my question. I was going to install this valve on my 2015 Spark 3Up but had the following question. I wanted to make the hose longer and use a couple of elbows so I could position the valve right inside the access panel making it very easy to access and ensure its position prior to riding. However I can't remember where but somewhere I remember reading that the hoses in the closed loop cooling system should not be replaced with longer or shorter hoses. I was wondering if this holds true for the sea water supply system or if It would be safe to make that line longer? In total I would probably
White Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Black
be adding about 12 inches to the hose length.
White Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Black

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m not a fan of altering the OEM design, when I can simply clamp it. And, based upon my decades of PWC experience, the need to clamp has been very, very rare. How much resistance/restriction of coolant flow will you be introducing with a ball valve, designed for low water pressures?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got these two sparks and already had to tow once. I tried clamping the line but that was impossible without pulling the top which obviously can't be done on the water. As long as the ball in the valve is the same size as the id on the connection on the engine there shouldn't be any restriction. But the longer hose could cause a need for stronger pump. Unfortunately I don't know the output pressure or the flow rate of the pump. So I figured somebody else that regularly tows behind a pontoon or sailboat or something like that may have thought of this or tried it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts