SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done in mods to their trailer for carrying extra gas cans? Is it legal? Would like to take extra gas with me on my rides, but would rather not carry it in the back of the SUV, or strap on the side of the spark.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I can't see why you couldn't carry gas on the trailer as long as it's properly secured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
I carry extra gas in my trunk but it could just as easily go into the truck bed toolbox on my trailer. I don't put any unnecessary weight on the trailer because I'm pretty close to my car's maximum towing capacity already.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a toolbox (plastic) and a 3 5g jug holder with lock on my dual trailer... take a pix tonight for ya...

LanceM

·
Registered
6 Posts
I usually take my toy hauler when we go out and it has an on-board fueling station, but it only holds about 25 gallons and there is no way to get it down to the shore to refuel. So I usually end up using a 14 gallon gas tote in the back of the pickup to fuel the skis.

Back in the early 80's, I rode dirt bikes in Mohave desert and my buddy had a bike trailer that had a fuel tank built into it. Of course back then, a lot of things were legal (in California) that are no longer today.

Tony

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's an awesome setup. I have a single trailer so need to come up with a good location for a gas can holder on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thats awesome! I dont really have a need for extra gas, but I do want to install a big toolbox like that on my trailer. What did you buy and how did you mount that to the trailer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Its the walmart $49 special.... 4 bolts in the corners...

Pretty simple setup, just make sure the lid opens to the toward the vehicle... Prevents it blowing off if you forget to secure it and start driving...

LanceM

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its the walmart $49 special.... 4 bolts in the corners...

Pretty simple setup, just make sure the lid opens to the toward the vehicle... Prevents it blowing off if you forget to secure it and start driving...

LanceM
Do you have a link to the storage box that you bought at walmart by any chance?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts