SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm supposed to go sign papers on a new 2015 spark tomorrow but this dealership is trying to charge me $700 extra for a trailer. I've never heard of a dealership not including one with a brand new ski. Am I right or did any of you have to purchase a trailer seperate too?

·
Registered
259 Posts
When I bought my Spark in Central Florida, the dealer gave me a quote with and without a trailer.
I didn't need the trailer because I already had one so. The dealer just set the new ski on my old trailer.

It is my understanding that trailers are not typically included. Maybe a dealer would throw in a trailer on a higher profit margin ski but, from what I've read, dealers don't have a very big profit margin on a Spark.

You might be able to find one cheaper than $700 on craigslist.

·
Registered
32 Posts
its practice for the sparks to not include a trailer.

I got a great deal on my Triton Wave for $600 from the dealer. This isn't out of the normal though. And I'd think $700 was very reasonable comparing to the amounts seen in the pricing thread.

·
Registered
307 Posts
at the dealership in my home town in Australia, they don't include a trailer with the price of any watercraft.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
This has me thinking that we should get a thread up on what folks are towing with, just out of curiosity, since i know it can range from Miata's to Escalades :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dealer wanted me to pay $1800 and he still needed to add tax!!! I am going to buy something off of craigslist instead.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I tried getting a trailer off craigslist prior to my purchase, but I could not find one in time. I ended up spending $1300 for a loadrite double trailer for both my sparks. Dealer originally quoted me $1500, but I got the price reduced.

Trailers NEVER come included in the price for a ski. Unless they are doing a package deal type sale...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts