SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am going to buy a Trixx and want to know pros and cons between the 2 up and 3 up? I am really stuck between the two. Any help or advice is appreciated!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I am going to buy a Trixx and want to know pros and cons between the 2 up and 3 up? I am really stuck between the two. Any help or advice is appreciated!!
I recommend a 3up. The 2up version is a little more responsive in turning and tricks but you can tow a tube or wakeboard behind a 3up legally and the difference in handling between the 2 isn’t worth not being able to do that or have that extra room for passengers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recommend a 3up. The 2up version is a little more responsive in turning and tricks but you can tow a tube or wakeboard behind a 3up legally and the difference in handling between the 2 isn’t worth not being able to do that or have that extra room for passengers.
How easy is it to remove the extended hull? And can I buy the the rear fenders to finish the look once the hull is removed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one of each and truly prefer the 3 up. They really are night and day different in the way that they handle. 2 up much more nimble......3 up much smoother and more stable when sitting still. The 2 up is really comfortable for just a rider.....the 3 up is comfortable with 1 passenger.....you can legally pull a towable behind the 3 up....another plus. If I were to keep just one of them it would be the 3 up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How are you going to use it? Are you only going to ride it alone? Will you ever bring a passenger? When they say 2up and 3 up they're really stretching it with a <500lb. lightweight craft, it's so light it gets unstable with the max # of people on it. The 2 up is really a single seater and the 3 up is really for 2 adults, you could carry a preteen child as 3rd but it'd be tricky not to overturn boarding and good luck if anyone falls off mid ride.

I got the 3 up for the versatility (can legally tow a tube, etc.) and more stability but still jump waves, swells, etc. easily and can get too much air actually, nearly knocked myself out on a 10ft? swell if I hadn't been wearing my race helmet.
I plan to get the comfort seat for my 3 up as my daughter said the ride on back is pretty hard with the stock seat.
If you get a 2 up and later add the boarding platform, etc. trying to make it a 3up it still won't be legal to tow with per the factory sticker if you get stopped by USCG or WL&F and they check it. You could get a ticket, just FYI. However converting it from 3 to 2 has no repercussions.

The rear platform is easy to remove and put back on, I can do it in ~15 minutes now but not worth it for the weight savings and added ease of reboarding when I bonk. you'd need to change the seat and remove some more parts to convert down to 2 up but they are the same hull, just more/ different pieces added to the 2 up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts