SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I have a 2018 Trixx 3up I bought 2 months ago. Love it. Approx 25 hrs on it now. When I first got it you could hear the bilge run all the time and when you shut the machine off it would run for a min or two then shut off. I rolled it upside down a couple times and when flipped back over it would spit a little bit of water out. That was the only time I ever saw water come out of the pipe. Anyway I flipped it this weekend and didn't notice any water coming out. Checked in the engine compartment and there was a bit of water then I realized I didn't hear the bilge. I checked the fuse going into the fuse panel but its not blow. Anyone's bilge pump quit? I can take it in for warranty but that will take a while and I would fix it myself if there was a common or easy fix. I haven't taken the top off yet for a good look yet.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
233 Posts
Howdy,

I have a 2018 Trixx 3up I bought 2 months ago. Love it. Approx 25 hrs on it now. When I first got it you could hear the bilge run all the time and when you shut the machine off it would run for a min or two then shut off. I rolled it upside down a couple times and when flipped back over it would spit a little bit of water out. That was the only time I ever saw water come out of the pipe. Anyway I flipped it this weekend and didn't notice any water coming out. Checked in the engine compartment and there was a bit of water then I realized I didn't hear the bilge. I checked the fuse going into the fuse panel but its not blow. Anyone's bilge pump quit? I can take it in for warranty but that will take a while and I would fix it myself if there was a common or easy fix. I haven't taken the top off yet for a good look yet.

Thanks,

Greg
I'm not sure how the bilge pumps are set up but I would think it has a float and if it was running all the time then I would assume the float was stuck up, and now maybe it is stuck down? It shouldn't run much, I don't have a bilge pump and I never have any water that would require the bilge pump to run.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It saves having a float switch and it means the can suck water out of the shallowest place since the float doesn’t have to rise first

·
Registered
233 Posts
It saves having a float switch and it means the can suck water out of the shallowest place since the float doesn’t have to rise first
I get it but that's just overkill. the siphon drain works just fine the only time a bilge would need to run is if you have a leak and it's sitting at a dock. I have never seen more than a couple drops come out of the 2 sparks I have and they both get dumped. The 2 up has been upside down a couple times and I still never got more than a couple drops out of it. It's just a strange thing they did there and seems completely unnecessary. Does it also have a float switch to kick on when its shut off at the dock? Or does it only run when the ski is run?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Your right, probably is over kill but is piece of mind. This pump is worthless as far as keeping the ski in the water at the dock. There is no float or any way the pump would turn on if the ski started taking on water lets say in the middle of the night. Probably a lot of people dont know that. The siphon has been around in ski's since the 80's the big difference between them and a bilge pump is that you have to be moving for the siphon to work.

The bilge is is hard on the battery it killed my original in a year, the other ski without the pump has 4 years and still going.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ended up taking the top off and finding the problem. The wired going into the electrical plug for the bilge broke right off at the connector. I would say it was a bad crimp. The dealer gave a new bilge kit and I replace the wiring plug. Good to go.

Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think mine quit too. I hear a faint sound when I pop The key on. And a sound when I remove it. But it’s like 5 seconds. Not the 2 minutes I’ve read about.

2018 trixx. Still under warranty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts