SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this weekend I put up the TRIXX for the season. A little over 62 hours on the clock.
Normally, I would ride on into October, but am planning a big vacation for the next couple of weeks, so the ski is high and dry.

Here are my impressions from the first season with the TRIXX:

- fun fun fun ski!
- 62+ hours this first year with ZERO mechanical or cosmetic issues.
- Comparatively, my other two skis only got 40 hours each, and most of that was towing. So, the TRIXX was clearly the ski of choice for my family this year.
- I did tricks I never thought possible as a 50-year-old fat man
- Novice riders could stand and spin after just a few minutes too
- gas consumption was as advertised, outstanding
- My first ski with IBR, and I really like it. Friends who were novice riders clearly could handle dock proximity ops much easier with the TRIXX than with my 2013 YAMAHAs with the lever reverse. IBR works great.
- Unexpected benefit - Doing tail stands around my dock stirred up the water enough to where the milfoil and hydrilla never really took hold all season!
- Much more rainwater than I would expect finds its way in while sitting on a lift during the week without its cover. I covered and pulled the drain plug for the winter.
- We called the TRIXX the "cove toy" It is great for relatively calm water and shorter rides, but for main channel and long rides, the bigger YAMAHAs are so much more comfortable and stable.
- The seat hurts my butt.
- Handle bars sometimes slip, I keep and allen wrench in the glovebox and tighten frequently.
- Top speed of 50mph still seems fast due to relative instability and light weight of the ski. Anything faster on this little ski would be sketchy
- Great value for $7400 - would buy again and recommend to my friends!

Until next year ....

·
Registered
233 Posts
I follow your sentiment. I have a TRIXX set up on mine except I don't have the handle bars I didn't want them for the extra $600. First time on a jet ski since I was 15 and these are super easy to ride and do tricks on. You can feel like a pro after a short time. I have about 15 hours on mine and I probably only rode 1/3 of that, all the rest of the time was friends. They all love it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, this weekend I put up the TRIXX for the season. A little over 62 hours on the clock.
Normally, I would ride on into October, but am planning a big vacation for the next couple of weeks, so the ski is high and dry.

Here are my impressions from the first season with the TRIXX:

• fun fun fun ski!
  • 62+ hours this first year with ZERO mechanical or cosmetic issues.
  • Comparatively, my other two skis only got 40 hours each, and most of that was towing. So, the TRIXX was clearly the ski of choice for my family this year.
  • I did tricks I never thought possible as a 50-year-old fat man
  • Novice riders could stand and spin after just a few minutes too
  • gas consumption was as advertised, outstanding
  • My first ski with IBR, and I really like it. Friends who were novice riders clearly could handle dock proximity ops much easier with the TRIXX than with my 2013 YAMAHAs with the lever reverse. IBR works great.
  • Unexpected benefit - Doing tail stands around my dock stirred up the water enough to where the milfoil and hydrilla never really took hold all season!
  • Much more rainwater than I would expect finds its way in while sitting on a lift during the week without its cover. I covered and pulled the drain plug for the winter.
  • We called the TRIXX the "cove toy" It is great for relatively calm water and shorter rides, but for main channel and long rides, the bigger YAMAHAs are so much more comfortable and stable.
  • The seat hurts my butt.
  • Handle bars sometimes slip, I keep and allen wrench in the glovebox and tighten frequently.
  • Top speed of 50mph still seems fast due to relative instability and light weight of the ski. Anything faster on this little ski would be sketchy
  • Great value for $7400 - would buy again and recommend to my friends!
Until next year ....
Great evaluation! I'm 50 as well, the choppy water is no friend to these smaller skis, but so much fun! have you replaced stock airbox and/or had your ECU flashed?? just curious.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I have not done any modifications to the ski. Over 140 hours now. The original battery just failed today.
Still enjoying this ski. Not bored of doing tricks, and it sips the gas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts