SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our spark started making a whining sound. My son says it sounds like it's an electric car. I'm thinking it's the bearing in the pump. It's slowly gotten worse over the past month.

I was wondering how I can tell if it's that bearing or something elase. Can I take the pump (jet) out and still start the ski and see if the sound is still there?

Feel free to ask any other questions so I can figure out what this is. It's currently on the lift and pretty easy to take the jet out but I'm not 100% sure where it's coming from.

thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you checked the wear ring for any damage?? I'm not sure you can start it without the pump installed. I've removed and changed wear rings and impellers on two sparks and with the pump removed the drive shaft has alot of play up and down so might be a bad idea

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah. Wear ring looks good but this rubber end on the jet where the shaft goes in looks f'd up. Also, I have not lost any power. just a whine that goes with the RPM's.

Also, changed 2 wear rings. Pretty easy.
jetski_8-26-2020 9-30-01 PM.png

·
Registered
5 Posts
That whining noise is definitely very noticeable in the video. The picture looks like the nose cone boot that comes in the impeller is damaged in some way but idk if that would be the cause of your noise. Good luck and I hope you get it figured out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts