SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 90 ACE engine and pump from a sea doo spark mated to my 15' alumicraft jon boat. Ive had it on the water already, though I still need to do a lot of cosmetic work and finalize wiring placement.

1) I need a different for factor in the start/stop switch. I'm assuming any momentary push button switch will do the trick or am I incorrect? The stock switch will not mount where I need it to mount, basically.

2) If I were unconcerned about top speed, but wanted the most low end torque I could get, what impeller size should I use? Stock 90 hp engine, though that may change.

Thank you all!

·
Registered
55 Posts
1) I can't say what you may need amperage wise for the switch to handle but make sure it's sealed waterproof. I had a pin hole in the rubber boot that covered the start/stop switch on my '93 SeaDoo and it shorted to stop when wet.

2) The lower number impeller is for off the line - 12/14 pitch, higher is for top speed - 12/17, etc.

I hope you are still using a lanyard to vest cutoff switch so that if the operator falls overboard it cuts the motor?
Pics would be great, interesting idea, similar to SeaDoo's use of them in party barges now. As it's self contained you could put them in most anything.

Going the opposite direction I saw a Youtube channel where they put a watercraft body on a scooter chassis so they could drive around on the street with a watercraft body.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) I can't say what you may need amperage wise for the switch to handle but make sure it's sealed waterproof. I had a pin hole in the rubber boot that covered the start/stop switch on my '93 SeaDoo and it shorted to stop when wet.

2) The lower number impeller is for off the line - 12/14 pitch, higher is for top speed - 12/17, etc.

I hope you are still using a lanyard to vest cutoff switch so that if the operator falls overboard it cuts the motor?
Pics would be great, interesting idea, similar to SeaDoo's use of them in party barges now. As it's self contained you could put them in most anything.

Going the opposite direction I saw a Youtube channel where they put a watercraft body on a scooter chassis so they could drive around on the street with a watercraft body.
Thanks for the reply! I dont think the amperage could be too much, its joined to a relay so starter level current isnt going through that switch. I just didnt know if there was a secret microchip in there to mess up my plan of swapping it out. Ha!

I did indeed leave the lanyard installed. I have a 12/17 Solas in there now, and it performs fine, but I built the boat to run in shallow water, so top speed isnt as important as bottom end power.

i just took a short video of my progress the other day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow that's pretty cool, nice work, all aluminum panels/ lids I take it? Wish I had your welding and fab skills, I've got the back half of a '68 Mustang I'm converting into a trailer for track tires, luggage and maybe sleeping in... to tow behind my '67.

Honestly I'd look at the start/stop switch off the handle bar and see if it's just hot / ground in/ out, I doubt there's a chip in it but I would think the main ECU would have the chip wired through the lanyard as their chipped to it. The start/ stop button won't do anything without the correct keyed lanyard attached. I had it apart a year+ ago when I did the crossbar mod to my handlebars to reinforce them and the start/stop button just looked like a normal momentary switch from what I remember.

If I ever get a house with water access I'd be seriously looking at the new Seadoo party barges...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts