SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used 2014 3up and a new 2015 3up. I assumed they could be the same top speed, however the 2014 tops out at 49MPH and the new tops out at 45MPH. It was a noticeable difference out on the water as the 2014 would constantly overtake the 2015.

Does anyone here know what the previous owner of the 2014 could have done to make it have a higher top speed? Is there something I can check to see if he modded it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2015 does 50 on gps how many hrs on your 2015 when on low hr sometimes Eco does not configure the air ratio correctly after couple long hours
Ah ok, it is literally brand new with only 1 ride under it's belt. Probably 2-3 hours on the clock now. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few riding hours and see if it picks up to the 50

·
Registered
516 Posts
Mine did 50 mph right from hour 0. I've never heard of this reduced power on low hours. I beat that crap out of mine right from 15 minutes on the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
The manual suggests a 5hr break in period between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle with brief full throttle periods (at least on the 2014)

True, it suggests that. But it's only a recommendation. It has no way of forcing that. Both my 2014 and 2015 had no break-in period, I don't believe in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.