SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2014 Sea-Doo Spark.
It used to be a rental ski, it hasn't been out on the water in over a year. Last time it was out, the jet drive seized solid and stalled the engine.

The jet drive has been replaced and the engine spins freely with good compression.

The issue is that it doesn't power up at all.

We replaced the dash thinking it may have excessive moisture and corrosion. No fix.

ECU has been 'repaired' but no fault found, only minor corrosion cleaned.

When the battery is connected, there is a single short beep every few minutes, this doesn't relate to anything specific it just beeps every so often.
The key is only a magnet key, 2 wires to the post so non-dess?

We've checked all the wiring and it seems alright, power is everywhere it needs to be, engine turns over full speed when jumped.

It just won't wake up, start button does absolutely nothing.

Any clues?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same year ski. Mine occasionally refuses to start or show any dash display. The culprit appears to be the harness connector between deck and hull which was apparently not refitted correctly after a service. Corrosion got into the wires and the 'no start' problem resurfaces. I have found that if I wriggle the connector it will sometimes come back to life. Otherwise, if I wait for around 20 mins all will be fine again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a 2014 Sea-Doo Spark.
It used to be a rental ski, it hasn't been out on the water in over a year. Last time it was out, the jet drive seized solid and stalled the engine.

The jet drive has been replaced and the engine spins freely with good compression.

The issue is that it doesn't power up at all.

We replaced the dash thinking it may have excessive moisture and corrosion. No fix.

ECU has been 'repaired' but no fault found, only minor corrosion cleaned.

When the battery is connected, there is a single short beep every few minutes, this doesn't relate to anything specific it just beeps every so often.
The key is only a magnet key, 2 wires to the post so non-dess?

We've checked all the wiring and it seems alright, power is everywhere it needs to be, engine turns over full speed when jumped.

It just won't wake up, start button does absolutely nothing.

Any clues?
Try replacement of the starter relay fuse the black big fuse in your fuse box worked for me if that doesn’t work probably have a big problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts