SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a really go deal on a 60hp spark and was thinking of tuning it rather than purchasing a new 90hp model.
How has your ski held up with te vtech 109 tune? Any reliability problems? Does it noticeably out perform the stock 90hp?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I find the 109 vetch isn't much better than a stock 90. I have put two head to head quite often and it all has to do with the launch. Sometimes the 90 wins sometimes the 109 wins.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i have been seeing.
Has anyone has any reliability issues running the tune for extended periods of time?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bump,anyone?
The engine will be running at a faster speed than it was originally set for. So yeah it won't last as long... (Likely still 500Hrs+ lol) But that's not a problem if you're okay with rebuilding the engine. And from what I have seen in the shop manual the rebuild should be pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
379 Posts
getting a 60hp and going Vtech is the best way to go.
There is not a lot of difference top end 90hp and a Vtech but the hole shot is much better.

The other advantages are with the Vtech box

re flash as you want
read errors codes and reset them
reset maintenance service message
clear history

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can someone explain exactly what you get when you buy the Vtech tuner for $550?

Here is the description for the product.

"The new Sea doo Spark have a 60 or 90 Hp 900 CC Rotax ACE engine. Both the 60 and the 90 Hp version can be tuned with software update to over 100 hp! All this can be done with the Maptuner flasher system. This is a tuning 'credit' that can be used on a MapTuner for your Spark. When you also purchase the V-Tech Map Tuner, you'll be able to switch between the 109hp tune and stock tunes."

This is pretty confusing. There is a Maptuner Flasher System. A Tuning Credit and a V-Tech Map Tuner. Do you get all 3 for $550? And what's a tuning CREDIT?

Tony Rumore
Inola, OK

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tony, the vtech mapper & jetski credit or (rather say license code for One jetski) as a bundle deal is $845. If you buy them separately the mapper is $389 and the credit (jetski license code) is $550. The reason they have the different prices is because once you own the mapper, then all you need to remap another jetski is a license code for that extra jetski. Hopefully this clears things up for you a tad. :)

ex: 4 jetski's would equal - One mapper & 4 credits (license codes) - one for each jetski.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tony, the vtech mapper & jetski credit or (rather say license code for One jetski) as a bundle deal is $845. If you buy them separately the mapper is $389 and the credit (jetski license code) is $550. The reason they have the different prices is because once you own the mapper, then all you need to remap another jetski is a license code for that extra jetski. Hopefully this clears things up for you a tad. :)

ex: 4 jetski's would equal - One mapper & 4 credits (license codes) - one for each jetski.
Thanks a bunch. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was running through the parts list for the HO versus the non-HO, and it looks like everything is the same between the two except the ECM itself. The impeller and ECM wiring harness are the same part numbers for both machines.

So......can someone just buy the HO ECM and plug it into their 60hp machine to make it 90hp? The ECM is only another $185 over the V-tech set up.

Tony Rumore

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree. Over $800 just to change a few software parameters, that's crazy! I have an 2UP HO and while I'm glad its an HO, its nearly always in Touring Mode. Better gas mileage (small gas tank remember) and easier to stand up and carve it up, which is what I love to do. One day I was wondering what all the "go fast" fuss was all about, so I decided to "go fast" in a straight line. In Touring Mode, when I had it up to 45 MPH (could've went faster), I thought ok, this is fun, but I got bored quick! Time to carve it up. Anyway, we all love the Sparks for different reasons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know if this will help. I wondered the same thing before I bought my 60hp. So what did I do? Stop reading forums and just called BRP themselves lol. Straight from the horses mouth(BRP), "it's same motor,the ECM is programed differently for the 90 and also some other odds and ends but the meat and potatoes are the same." I had one dealer say that the 90 was DOHC and the 60 wasn't, LMFAO!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts