SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 2up HO with iBR, I’ve read some posts on adding VTS and it seems a lot of people like it. Seadoo sells a VTS for $209 and an Extended VTS for $199. From what I have found the only difference is the extended gives you more trim. And if so will either one work? And which one is recommended? Also, I winder why the extended trim is cheaper? Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You will not regret buying/adding extended range VTS to your ski. All watercraft should have it. If you add the rear steps, you have a Trixx without the rising handlebars and bilge pump. Between the three items (bars, VTS, steps), the adj bars are probably the least needed to wheelie the Spark. Bottom line, the extended range VTS will allow you to have more fun that the standard VTS; not sure why it is cheaper. The double tap up (for instant all the way up) and double tap down (for instant neutral trim is a great feature when you want to change your riding style...not to mention 50+ foot rooster tails are neat too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will not regret buying/adding extended range VTS to your ski. All watercraft should have it. If you add the rear steps, you have a Trixx without the rising handlebars and bilge pump. Between the three items (bars, VTS, steps), the adj bars are probably the least needed to wheelie the Spark. Bottom line, the extended range VTS will allow you to have more fun that the standard VTS; not sure why it is cheaper. The double tap up (for instant all the way up) and double tap down (for instant neutral trim is a great feature when you want to change your riding style...not to mention 50+ foot rooster tails are neat too!
Thanks for the response. I’m going to order one tonight and hopefully have it for the weekend, definitely going with the Extended VTS!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had the extended VTS added and the steps. The VTS is great steps now that I have them really aren't needed and the adjustable bars are really unnecessary IMO If I buy a 3up I will do the extended VTS and that is it. Steps are cheap but you have to take the top off to do them I think dealer charged a decent amount of labor for it. The Extended VTS was plug n play for me since I already had IBR and trim set up. If you have no trim set up I don't think you will get away with the $199 for the Extended VTS It's been a while since I did it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another vote for the extended VTS! We have a 2015 with the standard VTS and 2 of the 2018 Trixx versions with the extended VTS and it's definitely better. The extended range allows you to do more/different types of playing and the double tap feature is VERY handy (Double tap the down button and the trim will go to neutral no matter what position it's in at the time - double tap the up button and it goes to the most extreme up position, again, no matter what position it's in at the time). Our 2015 with the standard VTS doesn't do that! I must admit, though, that the double tap works against me sometimes when I really only want to move the trim 2 positions and make those two "clicks" too quickly......

·
Registered
233 Posts
I must admit, though, that the double tap works against me sometimes when I really only want to move the trim 2 positions and make those two "clicks" too quickly......
Same here, its a little annoying, I find I have to just hold the button for that. I wouldn't give up the extended range tho.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am planning on buying the VTS. But I have a question regarding the steps.

I have seen videos of people adding these on and it seems like a lot needs to be removed to add them on.

However I took at look at the install instructions and it appears to be bolt on. I have an 18' 3up, do they just bolt on?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am planning on buying the VTS. But I have a question regarding the steps.

I have seen videos of people adding these on and it seems like a lot needs to be removed to add them on.

However I took at look at the install instructions and it appears to be bolt on. I have an 18' 3up, do they just bolt on?
Honestly I don't see the purpose of them. I wouldn't mess with the steps. I just added the extended VTS and it's a blast.

·
Registered
233 Posts
On my 17 2 seater the dealer did them, they said they had to remove the top to do it. Not sure on the 3 seater. It's not a necessary feature though. My 3 seater doesn't have them and i can wheelie just fine and don't miss the steps. I don't really like them on my two seater they get in the way for reboarding. The steps do make it comfy on your feet doing long wheelies

1 - 11 of 11 Posts