SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic might be overdone, but anyone who has had pipes freeze in winter will understand.
Just purchased a used 2014 Spark and did this to get water out...
-tilted Spark up, started it and let it rev up for about 20 seconds a couple times and saw maybe a litre of water come out.
- attached air hose to left side of 2 inch node but saw no water come out

So my questions...
1- is this satisfactory, should I have seen more water come out both times
2-even if water is still in exhaust, is their enough room for the water to expand without causing damage
3-is their a diagram somewhere that shows how the exhaust system works

·
Registered
516 Posts
The exhaust water box and water jacket is a wide open cavity so most of the water just sitting will drain out. Blowing air through the system is getting any low spots out. That will get more than enough to have space for the ice to expand. Comparing it to pipes freezing in the winter isn't really accurate. Pipes are full of water and usually pressurized. This is a standing system that was allowed to drain, then when you push air through it the majority of the water is gone. There are two hoses but they are rubber and are unrestricted so should be unaffected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.