SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Spark is my first PWC, I've had it about a month and already put over 10 hours on it, I love it!

Newb owner question. I have an opportunity to moor my Spark daily in an area near me (launching and picking up is rough in my area, being able to moor for half the day and go rest or do other things is a huge plus) however there are tons of water lillies! I've attached pictures.

Would they be safe to be careful/idle through on my way in and our of the marina? I will be parked next to the other PWC in the pictures and I have to exit out of the left as there is a walkway on the right side blocking me.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go for a swim and rip yourself out a path though them... If the harbour lets you (They probably don't want them either)
I'm going to ask if I can do this, I *think* they're going to say no because they're sensitive about water life. Also, I think if I get realllllyyy close to that last boat on the end, I can get by without being near many.

If I do end up sucking a few up, can I just jump in and pull them out? They won't damage anything if I'm careful and don't leave them for too long that they affect cooling, right?

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you go slowly I think you will create a safe path by pushing them on the side of your hull

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had to go through a bunch of grass that piled up in the canal over night. About 25' of it actually. I found that going slowly most of it separated out of my way - the rest was ground up by the impeller and didn't cause any problems. If it does cause a clog then you can hop out and clear the intake grate (with the engine off).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input everyone, I asked them today and they said they were going to "treat" the water lillies, I'm hoping that takes out enough of them to clear a nice path for me.

The only other thing I saw was pretty intense seagrass around where I'm going to have to tie up, think it will be a problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Would be fun to create your own little path through them and have a little race course with turns and everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Opss...Forget about that post ^.... Wasn't able to load the pictures so I imagined a open area with a lot of lilies. Not inside a harbor!! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts