SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If there was any doubt as to which PWC is the best out there right now, you can rest reassured now as Watercraft Journal has named the 2014 Sea-Doo Spark 2-up HO the 2014 PWC of the Year.

In all honesty it seems that this decision wasn't the hardest to make. Watercraft Journal points out two themes as to why the Spark was chosen for the top award. The first is its incredible sales. The Sea-Doo Spark has been consistently selling out at dealers across the country, and at a price below $5,000 it is understandable as it is more accessible than any other PWC on the market. Sea-Doo's Tim McKercher told Watercraft Journal that the Spark is "the number one reason why the industry saw double digit growth last year."

The Spark wasn't only named PWC of the Year because of its sales though. The Sea-Doo Spark was also given the award because of its "fun, loose and playful [style], returning us to the days of powerslides, nosedives and other forms of aquatic mayhem." Sure the Spark isn't the most powerful watercraft out there, but that's okay. It is a go-cart on the water, and that is exactly what the industry needed.

Coming in second place was the 2014 Yamaha FZR Super Vortex High Output Wave Runner.

Source

·
Registered
81 Posts
I rode the lasted FZR and she's quick but Spark is still fun !!!!!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I rode the lasted FZR and she's quick but Spark is still fun !!!!!!!
Very different types of PWCs. I think why the Spark wins out is because there isn't oo much else like it on the market while the FRZ is the best of the rest.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The new FZR still ok in the ocean chop , the S3 still pulls away and stay ahead ...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you think that Sea-Doo can build on the success of the Spark this year? Will they come out with a higher powered version, or just keep selling the same Spark since its doing so well. Any changes you think they should make?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I'm not surprised the sea doo spark made it this far, it basically released with the right recipe for this outcome... it's expected.
Even the original hype about it on this forum was a good indicator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts