SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a inboard ski boat that I use for waterskiing and tubing.I like the idea of the spark as it is smaller and also new with warranty.
Have seen plenty of tubing and wakeboarding videos.
Haven't seen one actual waterski vid.
I want to pull an adult double ski waterskiier with a 90hp 3up.Has anyone done this or seen it done.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have pulled 2 different adults skiing slalom behind a 2-up HO model. One skier was about 140 lbs and the other was about 175. I am 150. They are both VERY experienced and talented skiers. I'm not sure how well it would work with an inexperienced person that takes a long time to get up. The Spark pulled the lighter guy right up. The heavier guy started out in 10 inches of water near the bank, and told me to leave about 5 feet of slack in the line when I nailed the throttle. Right as the line was about to tighten, he literally jumped out the water, and when he landed on top of the water he stayed on plane. It was seamless, I didn't even feel the rope tighten, and the engine never lugged at all. Got both guys up on first attempt. Not sure a newbie would be able to pull that off.

Each guy skied about 8 miles. The machine performed great engine/power wise, but with the light weight 2 up, I had to counter steer a lot when they were outside the wake carving in order to keep going straight. It was quite a workout - they were pulling the back end all over the place. I have a tremendous amount of riding experience - to me it wasn't too bad. But I don't know how well a person that's only ridden a little bit would handle the rear of the ski being yanked all over.

From my experience - it works if you have somebody that knows how to ski, and somebody that is very comfortable at the controls of the seadoo, but it is far less than ideal.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
516 Posts
I wonder how well it would work with a spotter. I tried pulling a tube but found with having to have a spotter I didn't have enough power. Here it is illegal to tow with a two up machine much less without a spotter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
where we live, it's law that you must have an observer (spotter) when you're towing.
We had my boyfriend driving, me as spotter, and we towed my brother who was on the kneeboard.

combined weight of driver and spotter was approx 340lbs
weight of kneeboarder was approx 210 lbs

we had trim all the way down for take off.
but, to our surprise, we only needed full throttle for take off the had to back off a fair bit once he was out of the water.
aside from the fact that as an observer I kept feeling like I was going to fall off the back (lol) and the back end did move a bit so Tony had to compensate for that while driving, I was pretty impressed with how well it did.

have to rig up a go pro I recon & film it next time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone for your help.Still a little uneasy about spending the money without the results.I've been so used to pulling whoever out of the water that it worries me the lack of power.Thanks Quackdoc your post helped heaps.

·
Registered
307 Posts
truth be told, we will tow 99% of the time with our boat, not with the ski,

we have a 19 ft boat with a Chevvy V8 in it. much better for towing.
the reason we gave it a crack with the Spark was basicly to see if it could do it at all lol.
It also sucked all the fuel out the Spark - so yeah if given the option, the boat is the better option.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I tube a lot with the spark it's fun when you get weight in the tube because you can swing the spark. As far as a go to ski vessel it's capable if you just want something that's pure fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.