SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to pwc.
Observed pwc's at lake (and on videos) shooting up a stream of water.
Is that done with a separate water jet, or a scoop on the nozzle?
How to do that on my 2-up Spark?

·
Registered
379 Posts
its a good idea for safety

I don't know if true someone on the seadoo site long time ago said you would lose a couple of HP to mod to do the same
I guess you would lose some HP but how much how knows maybe you can tell us if you do it

·
Registered
379 Posts
how is it good for safety? Not doubting you, just curious.

when you are in the surf you can be less than 10m away from each other and not see nothing but the spout you can .

Best not to being that situation when we go surf riding we aim for 100m apart and keep a look out for each other and number 1. rule first person to see another rider gives way. This has worked well for many years.

Funny thing we never ride with any Yamahas

·
Registered
289 Posts
I never thought of the spout as a safety feature. I guess in certain circumstances but i don't think that is the main reason why it exists.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always liked watersports; windsurfed and sailed catamarans. Twenty plus yrs ago I took a few spins on a friend's stand-up Kawasaki jet-ski. Knew then that some day I'd own one. But they changed into 3-4 seat mega$ rides I had no use for.
The first time I saw the new Spark - I knew I'd buy one!

·
Registered
319 Posts
When you mentioned water spout I was thinking of when you nose the front end of the ski into the water and full throttle for the bottom. The jet pump will rocket a huge spout of water up into the air . Not really possible on most of huge seacow ski's of today but the smaller less bouyant ones from days of old could do them easliy. If I get my polaris back out on the water next summer Ill get a video.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts