SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laying the top of the Spark back on, is tricky. Its easier to have two people so that you don't bind up the gaskets or scratch anything. Feeding the steering cable through the hole while keeping the little round gasket in place provides for more fun. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has rigged up a winch to the ceiling of a garage. Yes, its not necessary, but it would make it easier. If anyone has, it would be great to see some photos. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Laying the top of the Spark back on, is tricky. Its easier to have two people so that you don't bind up the gaskets or scratch anything. Feeding the steering cable through the hole while keeping the little round gasket in place provides for more fun. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has rigged up a winch to the ceiling of a garage. Yes, its not necessary, but it would make it easier. If anyone has, it would be great to see some photos. Thanks.

Thinking out loud... an automotive engine cherry picker would probably work perfectly for this type of deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Relying on friends to be available to help when you want to work on a machine isn't ideal, and I don't have a garage to hook up a wench, so I improvised and built a frame on wheels I could move over the Sparks when I needed to remove the top deck. Picked up a cheap 1/4 ton lever chain lift from Harbor Freight for $50, tied ropes to four of the top deck holes, hooked them to the lift and man was it a life saver. Makes removing and putting the top deck on by yourself super simple.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts