• Other

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how everyone came to the spark? Is it replacing an older model, your first one, a boat??

Vote in the poll!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
No Honda option

Had a R12 non turbo almost as good as a spark just had twice the weight almost the same HP

·
Registered
274 Posts
the last machines I had before the sparks were a 04 Gti 800RFI and a 05 3D 800RFI, the sparks are not quite as much fun as what my 3D was but the sparks cost me about half as much to run with fuel and oil. same top end as the old machines and much drier!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Close to 10 Yamaha skis. All were incredibly reliable, but started to get bigger and gain more weight every year it seemed, not to mention the pricing. Walking away almost spending 20k on a ski, just isn't worth it to me anymore. The spark was a refreshing product, that a near dead niche really needed. I like the spark, but in my situation the cons have out weighed the pros. Mines back in the shop. I've had issues since I bought it and the warranty runs out next month.

·
Registered
307 Posts
When we get our spark in a couple of months it will be our first jet ski.
We also have a boat, a 19 ft Salem jet with a Chevy engine.
We're keeping the boat for towing skiers, the JetSki is for mucking around :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a 1997 Kawasaki 900zxi. Owned it for about 2 months. Learned to ride on it and got introduced to the spark. Happy with my transition but I secretly still love 2 strokes lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only other PWC I had was a base model Yamaha Waverunner XL700, which I got in 1999. It was a 1998, and got it for 1/2 the price of a new one (it had been a rental). Worked great for the 12 years we regularly used it. After a couple years we got a ShuttleCraft, which turned it into a boat. You could go into middle of the lake, then separate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The new Spark replaced/will replace a 93 Yamaha Blaster and a 96 Blaster2. Sold the Blaster a month ago, bought the Spark, and will likely sell the Blaster2 early in the season next year. Love riding the Blaster2, but tired of dealing with 2 stroke mixing and the voracious fuel consumption. The Spark is about the same weight and power, so hopefully it's just as fun.

Also have a Honda R12 (wife's) and an old Fabuglas powerboat w/ 90HP outboard.

·
Registered
185 Posts
A 2011 RXT 260. It was a blast but the wife hardly rode with me so I sold it and got the two sparks. Will be buying a big supercharged ski again, just don't know when. It was too much fun not to have one...

Sent via Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts