SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would appreciate some expert advice on this. I just purchased a Spark HO 3 UP and have been told by friends that own PWC to get an aluminum or galvanized trailer with torsion bar suspension instead of leaf spring. I found a Triton LTWCI-X and just wondering if that will work or will be too big for the Spark. Triton also makes a smaller trailer that is the LXT but it has leaf spring suspension. I plan to ride in the saltwater and the waterway is within 15 miles of my house. Please help me out as I have no experience with this and want to make the right decision.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the Triton LXT (Entry level) and its great because its only 130 Pounds and the Spark has 2 More HP than the Chevy Spark Pulling it? LOL

Attachments

Reactions: Sparkmats

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the pic and info. -have you noticed any issues with loading/unloading with the LXT at all or with the Spark bouncing and causing scuffs to the underside when trailering?

·
Registered
247 Posts
The trailer bounces More than the Karavan trailer I had with a 800 Pound RXT-X because the tire pressures on the LXT are 90 Pounds VS 50 Pounds on my old trailer and the RXT was TWICE the weight!!
The bearings are Much COOLER on the LXT after a trip to the river because the trailer is only Hauling HALF the weight of my former Tug Boat RXT-X?
The Spark is SO light I do not have to have the bunks ALL the way in the water to launch-I just push it off the back - Of course if your tow vehicle is Bigger than a Chevy Spark you would have NO problem whatsoever!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Karavan makes a good trailer at a decent price (sealed bearings, torsion bar suspension) and yea, 60 lb tire pressures, (the Spark still bounces on bumps though - at just 405~ lbs that's expected)...key is near/in salt water, go galvanized, rinse it well and OFTEN and thoroughly, dunk it all the way in a lake once in a while LoL ...a couple coats of wax a year too would be a good idea. Get a spare tire (be sure you have a jack that works on the trailer) and two tiedowns, a medium weight 5ft~ bike lock cable w/ loops at each end and a padlock that will help keep the strong theives at bay longer (otherwise two can lift it off into their pickup and GO). Get a good hitch and ball lock(s) also. Mine pulls no problem at all and cruises 60 mph fine behind my 2010 Wrangler w/ 6 Speed and 3:73's (posi), I always use 4L on the transfer case at launch ramps to reduce clutch wear...

Got my new Karavan and tongue jack with a new spare tire/wheel for just under $900, glavanized will cost a bit more though....:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
So no problems with loading back up or with scuffs to the underside from bouncing with the LXT Sarge?
No Scuff marks that I can see and because the Chevy is short I back in just enough where the rear wheel hub is still above water and (Depending on the tide) part of the bunk will be under water and sometimes a just pull the nose onto the rear bunk and winch it ALL the way in. My truck had 3 more feet after the rear wheel which the Chevy Spark does not BUT the Chevy pulls it fine with the Manual Stick shift I do not have to worry about the transmission cooler and am getting 33 MPG towing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sarge -one final question for you. The LXT seems like it works pretty well so may go with it -there is another trailer I was considering the LTWCI that has a dual cradle platform that allow for lower launching height and also has ISA(Infinite Slide Adjust) Bow Stop-do you think these are beneficial for the Spark and would make loading/unloading easier or not really with the light weight of the Spark?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts