SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few posts here in there about what some people use, some use non-ethanol gas, some use 87 octane some use 93 octane. Just want a feel for what most are using.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 2 sparks, each with about 50 hours on them. I always used 87 up until they were about 25 hours. Since then I have tried a few tanks with 93 octane to see if I noticed a difference. I have gone back and forth. They currently both have 93 in them this very moment. Thinking of trying a higher octane (via an additive). They are stock except one of them has the tech 109hp tune. I have tried 10% ethanol and no ethanol with 87, 91, and 93 octane. I always use a stabilizer additive too. I don't notice a difference with any of the octane or ethanol levels. I have even tried 3 consecutive tanks with each and only fill up when the low fuel alarm goes off to eliminate any chance of dilution. Bummer.

Anyone else have different results?

·
Registered
516 Posts
It should make no difference at all. The spark is a simple fuel injection system, no knock sensors or o2 sensors so it has no means of adjusting for different octane fuels. So using higher octane fuel gives you the soul benefit of burning extra money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
It should make no difference at all. The spark is a simple fuel injection system, no knock sensors or o2 sensors so it has no means of adjusting for different octane fuels. So using higher octane fuel gives you the soul benefit of burning extra money.

There is in fact a knock sensor on the 900ACE, It's covered on page 38 of the EFI section in the service manual. But yes the improvements between burning high octane vs. regular are slim to none in almost any engine that isn't designed for it. I would imagine it would only need high octane if it was carbed (11:1 compression Ratio). Good thing its not!

·
Registered
2021 Sea-Doo Spark 60hp
1 Posts

Hi, new user here.
I just recently bought a 2021 Spark 60hp. Manual says 87 fuel. I'm going to be doing the tune to 120hp. The tune recommends 91+ fuel. Is this necessary or just recommended?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.