SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
About the impellers and wearrings. I've got 16h on my Spark, still runs like new and i get 51mph. They arent meant to be eating rocks... Just sayin'...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ya I know :) I'm just being silly :) I follow all the rules as far as not doing stupid things that could cause trouble. I've got 12.5 hrs, runs fine but I couldn't get her over 45mph yesterday :/ Nothing was stuck in the intake either. My friend went under with goggles and checked for me. Hmmmm

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ya I know :) I'm just being silly :) I follow all the rules as far as not doing stupid things that could cause trouble. I've got 12.5 hrs, runs fine but I couldn't get her over 45mph yesterday :/ Nothing was stuck in the intake either. My friend went under with goggles and checked for me. Hmmmm

Oh ok... Did things sound in a different way? Hope it's just something temporary.
You know that you can get a good view if you get under the trailer with a flashlight and look through the grate? Ofcourse you can't see the whole wearring and impeller, but some... I do some preride checks sometimes.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. Nothing sounded different but yesterday was the first time I ever had it in sport mode AND had it full throttle so I don't have anything prior to compare it to. Ya I was down on the ground at the marina with a flash light. The marina guys fork lift it from the water and to a rack for me to flush/clean so I was able to look up in there but didn't see anything. I check it each time before I flush it :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The section we were racing in was on the ocean but it was pretty smooth. Wind was only 1 mph. Now I'm wondering if I was on a still lake if it would make me gain the missing 5mph until what the max should be :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
The section we were racing in was on the ocean but it was pretty smooth. Wind was only 1 mph. Now I'm wondering if I was on a still lake if it would make me gain the missing 5mph until what the max should be :)

For me to be doing a stable 51mph @8050 rpm it needs to be almost fully flat. You will hear when the impeller is getting air...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to know. I will try to find a totally flat area near me that isn't a no wake zone to try there. (most of it is ) :)

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
You could head North were I cam thru. Couple no wake zones there but the problem you will have is, no where in the inter-costal can you legally get up to 50mph. Most I have seen posted is 30mph.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Even on the river if there much more than a ripple I lose about 2 mph. I'd think it would be a little more on the ocean. When I'm on the lake forget it. I can only go 35 because I keep getting air as the ski wants to jump every swell

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blah.. Oh well. I don't care to be riding full throttle all that much but just wanted to know if my ski COULD go as fast at it should.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Blah.. Oh well. I don't care to be riding full throttle all that much but just wanted to know if my ski COULD go as fast at it should.
Same. I love cruising. I went on a 2.5 hr one way trip on Saturday and loved it. My first time going that far. It only used just over 2/3 of a tank too! So 30 dollars for a ton of fun. I carried a 5 gallon tank strapped to the back and I will never do that again... Too much weight to carry with a passenger.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow it felt that much more heavy with 5gal of gas huh?

I wanted to take extra gas and go on a long trip from Miami to Key West but I heard there are places you can't go past on a jetski, (areas jetskis are not allowed) even if you go way out in the ocean :( I guess its a protected, national park territory or something )

You went 2.5 hrs one way? If you lived in Miami you could have made it to the Bahamas :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts