SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy 2 Sparks but am seeing conflicting opinions on the true GPH results. Range is a big factor for me

Sea-Doo claims 2 / 2.5 gph for the 60/90 hp options, but at what speed is that?

Are there any unbiased, semi professional tests done? It all seems anecdotal, you read about some guy who claims 6 gph WOT, then you have people claming 2 / 2.5 WOT. I'd really just like to know the mileage range going 30-35 mph for both HP options.

Boattest.com often does nice little breakdowns of different speeds and their respective speed/GPH/range

Does nothing like that exist for the Sparks?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I get an easy 50 miles out of mine wide open throttle. I on a regular basis travel to a town down the river from my launch point and it's about 22 miles away. Plus we usually have some playing around at each end. Both of mine are 90hp models. I find them decent on fuel mileage, I've never had to fill them mid day. I always fill on the way to the launch and go all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
This is my original results from 2 years agoand they still hold true.

Yesterday going by the hour meter to the minute and total fuel use I pushed my vtech in sport mode as hard as I possibly could and it used 2.3 gph. My wife ran her HO at a leisurely pace in touring mode and hers sipped 1.25 gph. Thats pretty close to what the factory advertised .
Here is my data
Mine 1 hour 28 minutes burned 3.481 gallons
Hers 1 hours 30 minutes burned 1.876 gallons
water conditions were very mild with glass on the rivers.
So that would give a max fuel tank run time of 3.5 to 6.4 hours for our situation. Thats quite a variance depending on hard you push it.
Hopefully some more will post up data.

I have never been able to ride the machines to a full tank in a day . After half a tank Im pretty much wiped out. I do not "tour" or whatever that is. Just full on spinning and sliding and horsing around.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I only ride in the ocean down in Dana Point, CA. So I'm assuming that choppy waters can also effect MPG? Anyways, I once traveled about 70 miles with a variation of speeds (cruising speeds and lots of fast bursts of speed) and had just enough fuel to get back. Another time I rode 50 miles traveling at only 35mph and had half a tank of fuel when I returned. Used a Road Bike GPS tracker app to track my speed and distance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I only ride in the ocean down in Dana Point, CA. So I'm assuming that choppy waters can also effect MPG? Anyways, I once traveled about 70 miles with a variation of speeds (cruising speeds and lots of fast bursts of speed) and had just enough fuel to get back. Another time I rode 50 miles traveling at only 35mph and had half a tank of fuel when I returned. Used a Road Bike GPS tracker app to track my speed and distance.

wow now that's cool!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts