SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Im new to the pwc life. I just bought a new seadoo spark trixx. I have it stored in my garage and I probably won't use it for another month. I was told about getting a trickle charger but I don't really know much about how to use it. Do I need to have it plugged up to the charger all the time? or when should I use the trickle charger? Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use a trickle charger if a ski is laid up for 3 months or longer. I only plug it in every 3-4 weeks for a few days at a time. Had good luck extending battery life this way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use battery tenders on my bikes and the seadoo all the time. Don't confuse the term trickle charger. Not all trickle chargers are smart enough to know when enough charge is enough. You only need an amount sufficient to cancel any natural discharge and possible sulfation. Google "Battery Tender" or "Optimate" for some excellent and not expensive options. I have mine on the garage wall and whenever the toys aren't being used they are plugged in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts