SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
When you find out ? Tell the rest of us? Sounds like a 64 Dollar Question!

Reactions: seaking

·
Registered
224 Posts
Here's how you do it: take the ski off the trailer, on dry ground, place it on a large diameter (maybe 2" or 3") wooden rod at the mid point of the PWC. Slide it forward or backwards to find the point where it balances naturally.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Here's how you do it: take the ski off the trailer, on dry ground, place it on a large diameter (maybe 2" or 3") wooden rod at the mid point of the PWC. Slide it forward or backwards to find the point where it balances naturally.
This would work! But then you have to figure the weight of the driver and how far their sitting to the bow or stern for it to matter in real life?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked the question because I ordered a sling/hook harness to hoist it off trailer.

If link doesn't work, google this: B007O2V7N6

The reason for question is so I'd know where to place the hooks.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Definitely sounds like it could work, hopefully this is what helps the OP out.

Keep us posted OP

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the Harbor Freight hoist item 996 ($40 using 20% off coupon) to lift the Spark. Will use that with the sling I ordered. Will post balance info when able.
I'm also going to build a wheeled dolly so I can roll the Spark around. Have a couple old wooden pallets to use for materials.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I asked the question because I ordered a sling/hook harness to hoist it off trailer.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007O2V7N6/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_dp_1

If link doesn't work, google this: B007O2V7N6

The reason for question is so I'd know where to place the hooks.

I got the same sling a couple months ago. It works pretty good (much cheaper than Sea Doo's). I watched the guys at the dealer move one and just adjusted it a bit forward/back until level. Only thing is the "hooks' on the inside of the sling (under rails) aren't quite perfect, but does work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts