SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Orange Trixx.

Should I go with

orange hydroturf, red, orange on black? Red on black?

Anybody have any photos of their Sparks with these colours?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I’m going with dark silver/grey on black. I’ve read a lot of reviews now that the greens, oranges, reds all fade the first year. Even if stored indoors. The red becomes a nice pink!

Hydroturf even has warnings about certain colours on its website.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm about to buy a Mango 2018 new, what color mats did you go with? I'm debating on staying with the Mango color or wrapping and changing since the rest of it is black.
Any pics?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does Sea Dek make kits for the Sparks, wondering what it would look like on my 2018 Candy Blue Chili Pepper Trixx instead of the loud Hydroturf colors.

Jeff M

They don’t. I had my local Sea Dek dealer scan in the areas I wanted it applied and told him how I wanted it to look and he custom cut and installed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
67 Posts
They don’t. I had my local Sea Dek dealer scan in the areas I wanted it applied and told him how I wanted it to look and he custom cut and installed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, that looks slick. I will prob go with a pre-made kit for my 2018 Candy Blue Trixx.

Jeff M

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hydro-Turf will mail you small sample pieces. I think you can ask via website or email. Great customer service! I just worked with them to replace two pieces on one side where gas leaked and ruined them. They let me purchase a full sheet, cut the two pieces I needed, and sent the remainder. I'm going to cut some custom pieces to put where my ankles like to hit the hull and on the rear boarding area that is kind of difficult to grip with the Trixx wedges in place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered a sheet to match my pre-cut set. I made a template of the area then cut with scissors.

First template - construction paper, the roll kind from Home Depot, tape it down, covering over the area and rub with side of a crayon or similar to reveal rough body lines.

Next I traced the rough crayon lines with a straight edge, cut out and refined the paper template until it was where I wanted it to lay with all the body lines. Start with excess and trim down makes it easier than starting a new paper template because you started too small. Use some round object to draw/cut round corners consistently.

Step 3 - transfer paper template onto poster board, check fit, ended up doing this again with small adjustment of the lines.

Step 4 - pinned the poster board template to the back of the turf roll, making sure the cut pattern lined up the direction I wanted it, traced with a sharp pen point into the adhesive backing, as no pen or marker would write on the greasy backing well. Don't push too hard, or when you peel off the backing some will get stuck at the edges. Then I cut out with good scissors.

The actual turf is more pliable than the cardboard template, allowing it to flex well with the concave body surface and stay on the body lines where I wanted it to be. I just used the same template on the reverse side for the other side of the hull. I'm going to cover most of the tail end of the top deck, because it's hard to board from the water with the Trixx wedges there. I need more traction in that area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts