SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how are the white seats lasting after riding on them for a while? are they changing colors or looking dingy? I don't plan on riding in blue jeans but I don't want them to turn whatever color my swim shorts are or fade to yellow.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I have blue shorts and no color at all transfered to the seat

·
Registered
191 Posts
tough to keep clean, am seeing some color transfer too...tried a household bleach cleaner, not totally clean, thinking maybe something with a little (just a little) "grit" that still won';t scratch, ...here's a case where a black seat woulda been nice, maybe thay can be "dyed", a winter project!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Same, no issues yet and same hours as serpent haha. However I will be purchasing a black seat cover in the near future, just think the black will go better with my color scheme.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I use Bleach White. Spray on and soak a few seconds and rinse off.
If real dirty let soak a minute. Bleach White will fade graphics, decals, etc....only spray where needed.
The product works on many type materials.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got some red shorts and I have had some transfer. It comes off but it's still there. I'm probably going to get some vinyl upholstery paint and paint the seat black until I can get it home to have recovered.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Also if your shorts are brand new wash them once or twice to get that initial color fade out

·
Registered
81 Posts
Had black shorts stain the seat , removed with vinyl cleaner ...

Best have the seat sealed with vinyl sealer ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. It is not the color transfer I have blue shorts and seat has red streaks. I though it was color transfer from the cover but the cover is black and it was bought from the dealership with the spark new only a month ago.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have had a pink tinge to both of our seats especially under the strap. Its bacteria. Let them dry in the sun for a few hours before installing the cover .

·
Registered
72 Posts
My wife wore black shorts on our first ride on our sparks. The black rubbed off on her seat and won't come out. No big deal, I just get her to wear a thong while riding now.;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
You could try cleaning it with lacquer thinner. That will take all kinds of stains out. Have cleaned out many stubborn stains and even permanent marker with lacquer thinner.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I always put the lacquer thinner on a rag and then scrub out the stains. Try to use as little as possible and definitely wear gloves if you have them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts