SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you sea doo vets out there, how do you store your Sea Doos through the winter months? Just trying to get ready for NEXT winter...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I flush the engine with fresh water, then inject antifreeze into the water passages, I spray fogging oil into the cylinders also. I store with a full tank of gas and fuel stabilizer. I remove my battery and keep it in my shop on a battery tender also

·
Registered
289 Posts
I already live in the southern most part of my country. LOL.

Yea, I'm sure that there is some stuff that you should do with the Spark to store it for the winter. It gets awfully cold in Canada and freezing can't be good for the Spark. I'll return to this thread when it comes time.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
There might even be someone who does this as a business, keeping vehicles and on water toys for you, doing the maintenance that's needed.

·
Registered
430 Posts
marinas dont work for you during winter months though

they have indoor storage places that are heated that you can store your car/boat/pwc/etc

they will also trickle your battery for you.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
marinas dont work for you during winter months though

they have indoor storage places that are heated that you can store your car/boat/pwc/etc

they will also trickle your battery for you.
yeah thats what I was trying to get at.
it's different for northerners.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Calls Marina

"Hey I was wondering if you could just top up the fluids on my Sea Doo and maybe just pull the cover off to make sure everything is ok"

Marina : "hangs up"

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Calls Marina

"Hey I was wondering if you could just top up the fluids on my Sea Doo and maybe just pull the cover off to make sure everything is ok"

Marina : "hangs up"
LOL right on point. Either they hang up of offer some service charge that is laughable.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you guys crazy, pretty much all marinas where i live (ontario) offer dry and heated winter storage. You go before hand top off your fluids ad a stabalizer, take the battery home and they look after it all winter....

this is the marina near our cottage Huntsville Marine Winter 2014 Storage

Harsh winter cold temperatures in combination with snow, sleet and ice can and will cause significant damage to improperly stored marine investments. Sterndrives, inboards, outboards, hulls and trailers all require some level of winter protection. The level of provided care will extend or reduce internal combustion engine lifespans, upholstry, carpets and hull integrity and overall appearance.

The number one decision is the type of storage for your craft over the winter period. Are you going to choose the Superior Program of inside storage (stored properly inside a specifically designed building) or outside Basic storage where the boat is encased in plastic wrap? To aid in this decision please click on this link... Inside Storage versus Shrink Wrap. Superior Inside Boat Storage will be more expensive than Basic Shrink Wrap Storage methods.

Huntsville Marine does provide inside and shrink wrap storage services. It is our opinion that proper inside storage systems provide best care paractices and extends the lifespan of marine equipment. Inside boat storage as in all storage must be done right....no shortcuts! It is not that it is inside a building it must also include proper preparation, storage, startup and testing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yea I was just joking. Like I mentioned before

Lots of places offer heated storage.

And while its stored buy one of these.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
with the extreme winter weather north america has been having eventually we might need to commute to our jobs on city streets in a snowmobile :D

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
and parts of north america got hit again.
I hope atlanta didn't get hit again, if they did they might have to call in the troops over 5+ cm of snow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Srsbz what marina will tickle your battery over the winter? Oh trickle charge your battery read it wrong
Seaking I lived in Kenora Ontario Canada in 1975 and we drove snowmobiles to school on occasion and I can remember my father taking the snowmobile to work at the paper mill and their being more sleds than cars there!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts