SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

When you own a personal watercraft, it brings you lots of joy when you ride it in summer. Such a machine is easy and inexpensive to maintain, relatively easy to haul, but when the winter comes, it’s time to prepare it for the off-season. If you are new to the winterization process or decided to do it yourself this time, you may be interested in our new video where our tech expert Greg walks you through all the things you need to take care of if you want to avoid nasty surprises in the following spring or summer.

Before you do anything, make sure you follow the steps of the winterization process suggested in your owner’s manual. As shown in the video, it should look something like this:
  1. Make sure you have all of the needed supplies (fuel stabilizer, fogging oil, corrosion protection lubricant, cleaner, wax, clean rug)
  2. Siphon all fuel out or add a fuel stabilizer to the tank and top it off with the fuel to prevent moisture buildup.
  3. Run the engine to flush out water left in the cooling system.
  4. Drain water that may be left in the hull.
  5. Pull the spark plugs from the engine and spray fogging oil into each cylinder.
  6. Disable the fuel system and crank the engine to coat cylinders with oil.
  7. Spray lubricant over the engine, throttle, steering, and reverse cables to prevent corrosion and seizure.
  8. Remove the battery. (The use of trickle charger for the winter is recommended)
  9. Clean and wax the watercraft.
That’s it! Your machine is ready for the winter-long hibernation!
You can find the products mentioned in the video in our catalog of oils and chemicals: https://www.powersportsid.com/oils-chemicals.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys.
My ski have been sitting for a year and now the 2 times I went out it seems to be sluggish for about 30min then springs into life. What would be the cause? I'm in New Zealand so winter is not that bad.

·
Vendor
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Guys.
My ski have been sitting for a year and now the 2 times I went out it seems to be sluggish for about 30min then springs into life. What would be the cause? I'm in New Zealand so winter is not that bad.
It could be lots of things, but I would recommend checking the spark plugs first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts