SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was easy to take the top off. Putting it back on was equally as easy with the exception of the frame under the rear tow hook. If that moves when you are taking the top off, then the bolts have nothing to bite on when reassembling.

Blowing air through the exhaust was easy. Not a lot of water came out so I am not certain it was necessary in my case but done anyway.

Oil/filter change was easy. West Marine extractor on special was a bargain and worked great (used once...lets see next year). Fogged cylinders. Battery on trickle charge on bench.

Being careful screwing bolts into the plastic is probably the only other tip I have.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think air is necessary even if not a lot of water comes out. I think it is essential to clear the water from the exhaust manifold, which has tight spaces and could be damaged by even a little water freezing in there. I could hear "gurgling" for the fist few seconds in my case, which I believe was water being evacuated from the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I know it is especially important if you ride in salt water. Other water can freeze which doesn't do nice things, or it could build up bacteria and mold. Neither are great results.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know it is especially important if you ride in salt water. Other water can freeze which doesn't do nice things, or it could build up bacteria and mold. Neither are great results.
do you know anyone that has ever had to deal with that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts