SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

Worx / Riva Handlebars

22K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Amaozzie 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Has anyone fitted aftermarket bars on their ski yet?

#2 ·
Hi

I installed the Worx steering kit just this week.

Called them up in Brisbane and spoke to Matt. Top technical bloke and he shipped a set off to me immediately. Got them 8:30am next day and installed them same day. Took me about 1.5 hours.

Nothing to it really just that you need the correct tools and you should proceed with caution during the removal of the OEM steering column. There are a few parts that need to be removed and added to the Worx steering kit.

I went with the suggested Protaper handlebars - Raptor - ATV bend. These work for me but I suppose it will be best to look at all options.

The only snag I experienced was that the ODI watercraft grips did not fit on the clutch side, which is roughed up and slightly larger in diameter to accommodate the snug fitting of the standard grips. Problem easily resolved with 10 minutes of filing with a good steel file.

Going for my first ride tomorrow morning.

Next I will be fitting the sponsons, ride plate and intake grate (including the pump seal kit).

#10 ·
The new set-up is awesome. 2kg's lighter, steering is way easier/smoother and feels much lighter. The change over gave me an opportunity to regrease the top and bottom collar which will be something I will be doing at each service from now on.

I went out in the surf to get a bit of wave action and I was really happy with the new handlebar height and position. I am 6ft and I was able to stand comfortably and hold on with a better center of gravity. The Raptor bars there is a certain amount of torsion that absorbs some shock which is a huge improvement on the stock set-up.

I did not get any arm pump in the right arm because the new trigger fits is streamlined and fits snugly under by index finger allowing me to close my hand around the grip completely.

Coming up to 50 hours soon and I am very pleased to say the least.

I received my new Riva / Jettrim seatcover yesterday and sent it in to have it professionally fitted. The upholster guru told me that the cover is extremely well made in his opinion and would cost a fortune to get anything similar made up by a good shop. There was only 1 patch of branding from Riva which is the big R right up front.

I will get the seat back before this weekend hopefully as it is a long weekend here in Oz.

#12 ·
Photo from the week-end with new seat cover and handlebars.

Next will be the Solas prop, Worx intake grate and ride plate.

Not going to worry about the sponsons.

I now have 51 hrs on the clock and the ski is perfect. Top speed on the GPS shows 83 km/hr.

I only ride in salt water so it is necessary to wash and flush well immediately after each ride. I spray all mechanical parts after washing with lanolin spray and there is not a spot of rust anywhere.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.