SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Very nice.

I have a plotter... or several.
What I don't have is the vinyl and I'm not even sure what type of vinyl is used to wrap a Spark. Is this self-stick or adhered with contact cement?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very nice.

I have a plotter... or several.
What I don't have is the vinyl and I'm not even sure what type of vinyl is used to wrap a Spark. Is this self-stick or adhered with contact cement?
I dont know, but i have seen videos of people putting it on, and it looks like a regular vinyl thing that you can stick on your window etc, but when you put it on the spark they spray a chemical thing on it first that let you move it around for a few seconds before it sticks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I dont know, but i have seen videos of people putting it on, and it looks like a regular vinyl thing that you can stick on your window etc, but when you put it on the spark they spray a chemical thing on it first that let you move it around for a few seconds before it sticks.
I think they just spray water and soap

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The vinyl has an adhesive on the back to start (not sure what kind is needed for the spark). Yes Chuck is right they spray water mixed with a few drops of dish soap on to make it easier to slide the vinyl into place. If you can figure out how to get hold of the vinyl and design your own wraps and sell them for a little cheaper than the current vendors you can make some serious cash Peeler. Imagine that getting the exact dimensions down would be little tough, unless someone bought one of the current wraps and provided a template for you LOL.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The vinyl has an adhesive on the back to start (not sure what kind is needed for the spark). Yes Chuck is right they spray water mixed with a few drops of dish soap on to make it easier to slide the vinyl into place. If you can figure out how to get hold of the vinyl and design your own wraps and sell them for a little cheaper than the current vendors you can make some serious cash Peeler. Imagine that getting the exact dimensions down would be little tough, unless someone bought one of the current wraps and provided a template for you LOL.
That's not a bad idea. Maybe I should look in to this?
Now to find out what type of adhesive vinyl is used.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've obtained some vinyl lined with pressure sensitive adhesive and it is sticking to the Spark quite well so far.
Now to measure and do some photoshop work.
I might try making some custom registration numbers to start...

Any ideas for cool looking graphics?

·
Registered
259 Posts
So far the pressure sensitive adhesive vinyl is holding fast. Will get lots more time out on the water this weekend and report back.

I've been thinking about making a wrap with bubbles and a background to match the Spark.
Maybe a hurricane themed wrap?
What about things that spark like spark plugs, lightning and/or flint & steel?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Something with lightning bolts would be neat, perhaps a supernova type theme. Electric eels. Found a few pics, but couldn't upload them for some reason.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Vinyl wrap kits for the Spark (actually for any power sports machines (dirt bikes, jet skis, quads, etc...) have the adhesive on the back. Think of them as thick vinyl stickers.

In some of the videos, you may see some people misting some water or soap on both the Sea Doo and the back of the decal. This allows you to slide the decal around a bit for perfect placement. Then you get the bubbles out with a plastic squeegee.

Surface prep is key to the wrap kits adhering to the plastic. ANY oil (even from your skin) can negatively affect the adhesion. It's not difficult, but takes a lot of patience and time to do it right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.