SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at buying a pre-owner Seadoo Spark 2014 with Rotax ace 900 cc and IBR. I will be using it in a freshwater lake and primarily for tubing my kids (two people riding (avg. 350 lbs) and 3 kids being pulled (avg. 250 lbs.)

Given your experience with your spark and considering the model in question would you reccomend I go forward with the purchase?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m looking at buying a pre-owner Seadoo Spark 2014 with Rotax ace 900 cc and IBR. I will be using it in a freshwater lake and primarily for tubing my kids (two people riding (avg. 350 lbs) and 3 kids being pulled (avg. 250 lbs.)

Given your experience with your spark and considering the model in question would you reccomend I go forward with the purchase?
Absolutely not. The Spark weight capacity is 450lbs..that’s a little enhanced. 2 riders at almost 350 and the characteristics change. Add the drag with 1 person and tube and it’ll be stern heavy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
no get something bigger. they call it a 3 up but its really a 2 adult ski or 1adult +2 kids. my kids are teen now and it struggles with 3 of us. also dont get a spark pre 2016. the PTO on the 2014-2015 models is a part of the crankshaft and this part is prone to failure requiring a new crank ie full engine rebuild which in my case is looking to cost more than i paid for the ski. 2016 on they made it a serviceable part.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd agree with the above, get a heavier ski with 3 up seating and variable trim for pulling a tube or anything.

The Spark is great for what it is, an entry level light weight machine great for high wave jumping and tricks alone. It can transport 2 and a preteen kid but beyond that it's going to be tipsy and overladen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts