SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some might know, I'm currently a dealer for V-Tech and I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a Maptuner just to rent out. I'm located in Minnesota but I'd be willing to rent it to anyone in the US that wants to tune their Spark and doesn't want to purchase a Maptuner. But I need to know if there would be an interest if I did this. And I need to figure out pricing. So I'm looking for some feedback.

I'm thinking I would have to charge a core charge to make sure I ended up getting it back. I'm thinking around $375.00 as a core charge so I make sure I get it back.

I'm thinking about a rental charge of $30-$40. But I also think I need to charge by the week. That way someone doesn't decide to hold onto it for 2 weeks or more while I have another customer waiting for it.

The tuning credit would have to be purchased directly through me also. I'd have to decide on the price for the tuning credit. Retail is $600.

Please give me some feedback and let me know if you would be interested or not.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You would send it by post anywhere in America? I'd be nervous about sending it to people who I don't know half way across the country. I would be more comfortable to lend it out to my friends or rent it to people in a way where I can drop it off at their house. That way you can meet them and figure out where they live.

I'd at least draw up a contract so that if it gets stolen you have written documentation.

·
Registered
337 Posts
so long as it doesnt go missing on the first go round you'll have reached payback after 2 rentals, the rest is straight gravy... if im reading correctly, $375 for the service, plus a $30/40 rental surcharge right?

·
Registered
114 Posts
it sounds good to do the initial tune, but if people are worried about warranty work and dealer service, they probably are going to want to wipe the tune....but i guess that works out for you!!

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I have a place 1 1/2 hours from me that charge 500 for tune, and $50 to complete it. Then if you ever have to turn it on and off again for warranty work, they charge $50 each time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts