SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good substitute for XPS Anti-corrosive lubricant (293 600 016)?

I have had to throw out 2 cans ($12 US each) because the little white insert that is in the spray cap can fall out when attaching/detaching the little red straw. Once you lose that little thing its game over.

I use the XPS lubricant after a ride (salt water). I spray the nuts and bolts in the back, the driveshaft underneath and into the top of the slot on the PTO (I made up long straw on a stick for that job) and occasionally the steering linkage under the display.

I wonder if Fluid Film would do the same job?

Thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fluid Film should work well. Use it to spray the frame of my 4 Runner, etc. Will be using it on my Spark.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fluid Film should work well. Use it to spray the frame of my 4 Runner, etc. Will be using it on my Spark.
I searched the Internet looking to see what people use on skis. I found: CRC 6-56, Lanox, Fluid Film, Yamalube, Corrosion X, and T-9. It's hard to find out what some of these products have for a "base". You can find some spec sheets (none for XPS). I probably go with Fluid Film or maybe Yamalube or CRC.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts