SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For pulling the spark behind a pontoon boat, could i just use a heavy duty ziptie to "pinch" the cooling hose? Anyone ever do this? Sounds like an easy, cheap way to do it. Carry and a clipper. I like the valve install idea but im not ready to unbolt the upper hull.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Zip tie will not work I would use a vice grip as a once off emergency

if you do it often install a valve
TIP if you do and turn it off place the lanyard on it so you don't forget to turn it back on

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Off hand, does anyone know the hose size? I would like to order an in line valve that will not restrict flow when open. Hoping to order it before I remove my top. I need to know the I.D. And O.D.- I figure someone here has hopefully done this leg work already?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Off hand, does anyone know the hose size? I would like to order an in line valve that will not restrict flow when open. Hoping to order it before I remove my top. I need to know the I.D. And O.D.- I figure someone here has hopefully done this leg work already?
I am pretty sure it is 3/4". I just bought a 1/4 turn pvc ball valve from the local hardware store and threaded barb fittings and hose clamps. On the threaded barbed fittings, one is a 90. I will try to take a picture tonight for you...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts