SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
lol my registration came today and it says fiberglass. i guess there was no option for them to choose " plastic " LOL

·
Registered
114 Posts

These are the black ones from the seadoo registration kit. The item was listed as stickers for the seadoo spark but on the kit it just says for seadoo so maybe they work for all the seadoos, spark and non spark and are just higher quality so they stick on the spark too.

Each number/letter/figure is outlined in a tiny bit of silver which may or may not be reflective. The camera didn't really pick it up. It comes with one blank sheet and four sheets each of the other two. (If that makes sense... I haven't had coffee yet)

I'm also going to be experimenting with getting cheap walmart boat letters.numbers to stick to see what I have to do to get less important ( non registration numbers to stick ) - such as name for the jetski and my deadmau5 sticker, and any other decals I may want to play with
those are the ones my dealer gave me they are sticking well after 3.5 hrs
I also used the blank sheet they give in the kit to put behind my states reg sticker

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Now that I have my actual "SeaDoo Approved" number/letter stickers I called the marina to see what numbers they say keep falling off of the back of my ski ( they put their own marina numbers on it for inventory purposes) They said S832 I said oh wow they must be falling off like crazy because I only ever see an 8 on it :p

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Heh, naw, the marina guys are super nice. Also I'm not going to be a dick to guys who are fork lifting my ski left and right LOL. It looks like a plastic child's toy on that huge thing.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I ordered some decals for the names on our skis from EBay a few weeks ago. The decals have stayed on now through many rides and three wash jobs. I thought all might give this a look for numbers or if you wanted to put a name on yours.
www.sonnyssigns.com or on EBay, sonnys_signs. He is real nice and fair priced.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks!!! ill check it out. i bought a can of spray adhesive as a back up for if the names dont stick. what did you name yours?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
:) if anyone creepy comments on it I will just act innocent and say it is for play. It's a big water toy ! This one hot guy asked me if I was into foreplay and I said not really but my spark is. She likes to be warmed up before I ride her hard. Hey its true :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine's: "L'ERICA" even the letters are on the right side of hull..

"Likes to be ridden hard and long".....

will post pics when I get around to it..

added "y"'s to the "Spark" decals on rear so it's "Sparky" too :) LoL...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, when you buy the "Spark" registration numbers kit, there is a blank white page in there. Stick the reg sticker to it and cut it out. The reg sticker will adhere to the paper and the Seadoo paper sticks to the spark...... Has worked all season for us so far... good luck....

·
Registered
56 Posts
That spray looks promising. OP, forgive me for asking but, did you try “prepping” the surface, say, wiping the area the sticker is going with something like 97% rubbing alcohol? (Denatured alcohol may be too strong and on plastic acetone would be a huge no-no)

I ask as I’ve had great success in getting stickers to stay on nearly all synthetic materials by first wiping the surface with either denatured alcohol or 97% rubbing alcohol.

Geez, since I have a TRIXX on the way sometime in 2019, I’m going to put the state sticker on it, photograph it with some kind of state stamp and retain that photo. (Point being, I’m not aware of any law in my state that spells out any responsibility of any owner / operator having to go to any other lengths other than affixing the state sticker where the law says to put it. If the state’s registration sticker doesn’t stay attached to the hull (or wherever the state requires it appear), well, I ain’t gettin’ the middle of THAT! :)

Please let us know what you find works (or doesn’t)!

Ha-ha, or, Just Do This!:
Hey, when you buy the "Spark" registration numbers kit, there is a blank white page in there. Stick the reg sticker to it and cut it out. The reg sticker will adhere to the paper and the Seadoo paper sticks to the spark...... Has worked all season for us so far... good luck....

41 - 60 of 60 Posts